In honor of our 60th Anniversary, 1st Advantage Federal Credit Union presented six non-profit organizations with checks worth a sum total of $60,000. A heartwarming ceremony was held on October 27th, 2011 at the Kiln Creek branch.
Checks were presented to the following organizations: Operation Homefront Hampton Roads in the amount of $9,200; Habitat for Humanity in the amount of $9,200; Relay for Life in the amount of $9,200; Boys and Girls Clubs of the Virginia Peninsula in the amount of $9,800; The Foodbank of the Virginia Peninsula in the amount of $10,400 and Richmond Fisher House in the amount of $12,200.
Representatives from each organization attended the ceremony to accept the checks. Each person expressed their genuine appreciation to 1st Advantage and said the donation will truly have a profound impact on the community.
- “This very generous donation from 1st Advantage Federal Credit Union will really help make the dream of homeownership a reality to deserving, low-income families in our area,” says Janet V. Green, Executive Director at Habitat for Humanity. "We thank 1st Advantage and their members and look forward to partnering with them to build a new, affordable home with them!”
- "On behalf of our extensive military community, Operation Homefront Hampton Roads says thanks. This will make a huge difference in the lives of our military families,” says Carol Berg, Executive Director at Operation Homefront Hampton Roads.
- "The Foodbank of the Virginia Peninsula is very thankful and grateful for this generous donation in support of hunger relief," says Donna Tighe, Volunteer & Community Events Manger. "America is the land of the plenty and for many of our community friends, this isn’t the case when it comes to feeding their families. This gift will help feed a lot of hungry families that would otherwise miss a meal. Thank you for giving hope, and making a difference in the lives of those that are in need of food assistance."
- “Boys & Girls Clubs of the Virginia Peninsula salutes 1st Advantage Federal Credit Union, and their commitment to our children and community. This gift will truly help us to continue the life-changing youth development programs that are so vital to our kids. We rely on the support of the corporate community in fulfilling our mission, and are grateful for 1st Advantage’s generosity,” says Steven S. Kast, President & CEO Boys & Girls Clubs of the Virginia Peninsula.
- "On behalf of the American Cancer Society Relay For Life, we would like to thank 1st Advantage for their generous donation to support the cancer patients and their families here on the Peninsula," says Jenny Hogg, Community Manager. "Because of your donation, we are able to further our mission through research, education, prevention programs and patient services. Thank you again for thinking of your local American Cancer Society!"
It is a privilege for 1st Advantage to donate to these organizations. The work they do today, tomorrow and in the future will improve the lives of people across our area and 1st Advantage is honored to be a part of it.