Over 200 1st Advantage Colleagues Give Back To the Local Community
1st Advantage Federal Credit Union held its 9th Annual 1st AIDE (Assistance, Inspiration, Dedication, and Experience) Day on October 10, 2016. While most financial institutions were closed for the Columbus Day holiday, 1st Advantage colleagues were hard at work assisting local non-profit organizations.
“1st Advantage has a long tradition of building stronger communities and we are thrilled to partner with these seven deserving organizations who offer incredible support in our local community,” said Paul Muse, president and CEO.
- Donated 5,029 pounds of food and $950 to the Foodbank of the Virginia Peninsula, the equivalent of 8,000 meals to help fight hunger in our local community
- Created 135 surgery bears for Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters patients
- Raised $1,920 and created 250 hearts for Hearts of Hope
- Assembled and donated 23 bicycles for the Boys and Girls Club of the Virginia Peninsula
- Made 103 blanket wraps for Ivy Baptist Church Homeless Ministry
- Collected 78 lbs. of food, 155 lbs. of newspaper and 228 additional items for the Peninsula SPCA
- Gave 23 units of blood for the American Red Cross
- Assembled 825 Alzheimer’s flowers and created 86 inspirational cards for the Alzheimer’s Association
- Assembled 138 informational packets for the York County Education Foundation