Over 200 1st Advantage Colleagues Celebrate 10 Years of Giving Back to the Local Community
1st Advantage held its 10th Annual 1st AIDE (Assistance, Inspiration, Dedication, and Experience) Day on October 9, 2017. While most financial institutions were closed for the Columbus Day holiday, our colleagues were hard at work assisting local non-profit organizations.
“1st Advantage has a long tradition of building stronger communities and we are thrilled to partner with these seven deserving organizations who offer incredible support in our local community,” said Paul Muse, president and CEO.
- Donated 1,382 pounds of food and $8,305 to the Foodbank of the Virginia Peninsula, the equivalent of over 34,000 meals. Colleagues also created over 1,300 inspirational cards to be included in family meal bags.
- Created 817 surgery bears and 87 tie dyed bandanas for Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters patients
- Wrapped and donated 450 gifts for Military Children to be distributed by Operation Homefront
- Raised $3,990 and created 325 hearts for Hearts of Hope that will be given to local Veterans
- Assembled and donated 78 bicycles and $4,000 for the Boys and Girls Club of the Virginia Peninsula
- Created 375 children's folder games for Newport News Head Start Program and Denbigh Early Childhood Center
- Made 230 blanket wraps for Ivy Baptist Church Homeless Ministry
- Built 11 acoustic tiles for the Victory Family YMCA
- Assembled 1,130 toiletry bags for the Peninsula Rescue Mission
- Collected 807 lbs. of food, 861 lbs. of newspaper and 297 additional items for the Peninsula Pet Pantry and the Peninsula SPCA
- Gave 28 units of blood for the American Red Cross