Throughout each year 1st Advantage colleagues contribute funds to participate in “Dress Down Friday’s.” These funds normally go toward 1st A.I.D.E. Day, an annual day of giving, where all colleagues get together to work on projects for local non-profits.
Due to COVID-19, the 2020 1st A.I.D.E Day was not able to take place and these funds went unused. Living up to the guiding principle of “people helping people”, colleagues chose to submit the names of their favorite local non-profits and each was given a donation from the 1st A.I.D.E Day fund.
It is the hope of everyone at 1st Advantage that these contributions will help as they continue their important work in our community.
Donation Recipients Include:
- Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters
- Virginia Peninsula Foodbank
- The Peninsula SPCA
- The 1st Advantage Foundation
- Menchville House Ministries
- THRIVE Peninsula
- Edmarc Hospice for Children
- Hampton Roads Ecumenical Lodgings and Provisions, Inc.
- Williamsburg House of Mercy
- Avalon Center
- Helping the Homeless Ministry
- Parents Against Bullying, VA
- Tidewater Autism Society of America
- Hospice House & Support Care of Williamsburg
- Animal Aid Society
- Natasha House
- Peninsula Rescue Mission
- Insight Enterprises, Inc., Peninsula Center for Independent Living
- Gloucester Boys & Girls Club