1st Advantage Colleagues Give Back to Local Nonprofits
Nearly 13 years ago 1st Advantage Federal Credit Union launched their annual 1st AIDE (Assistance, Inspiration, Dedication and Experience) Day, an initiative inspired by their commitment to the credit union philosophy of “people helping people.” Each year, with the guidance of local non-profits, several large projects are created and executed by colleagues, all of which fulfill an immediate need for the organizations
1st Advantage colleagues continued their 1st AIDE Day tradition while still prioritizing each other’s health and safety amid the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic. This year the projects were spread out over a week and done individually, while in years past all colleagues would gather on Columbus Day and complete projects together.
Colleagues volunteered their free time to support some of the organizations that make the Hampton Roads region healthier, stronger, and more vibrant, sending a clear message that the work of nonprofits matters.
- Created 402 surgery bears for Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters
- Donated 638 toiletry items to the Peninsula Rescue Mission
- Assembled and donated 1,000 toiletry bags to the Riverside Behavioral Health Center
- Made 170 blanket wraps for Ivy Baptist Church Homeless Ministry
- Made 137 dog and cat blankets for the Peninsula SPCA
- Sent 500 personalized thank you cards to members in recognition of the Credit Union’s 70th anniversary
- Painted and distributed 382 kindness rocks throughout the Hampton Roads area