1st Advantage Colleagues Give Back to Local Nonprofits
While most financial institutions were closed for the Columbus Day holiday, 1st Advantage colleagues rolled up their sleeves and participated in their 15th annual 1A Community Day, a day that is dedicated to giving back to, and reinvesting in, the community that they serve.
Throughout the day colleagues worked on different large projects, each one uniquely designed and carefully planned, centered around fulfilling the immediate needs of several local non-profit organizations. 1st Advantage is humbled and honored to partner with these deserving organizations as they continue to selflessly provide for our neighbors.
- Packed 600 family meal boxes for the Foodbank of the Virginia Peninsula
- Assembled 1,000 USO comfort bags to be given to our local military community
- Created 1,000 personalized thank you notes for our local military community
- Made 103 blanket wraps for Ivy Baptist Church Homeless Ministry
- Made 80 dog and cat blankets for the Peninsula SPCA
- Assembled 4 Adirondack chairs for the Victory Family YMCA
- Created 314 surgery bears for Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters patients
- Assembled 180 toiletry bags for New Beech Grove Baptist Church Homeless Ministry (completed on Bring Your Child to Work Day)
- Shredded thousands of pounds of personal documents for our members
In addition, colleagues completed various projects for other non-profit organizations off-site to include Salvation Army, Natasha House, and the Newport News Nursing & Rehabilitation Center.