All branch drive thrus are open and most branch lobbies are open by appointment. Please see the "Branch Locations & Hours" section below to view branch locations, hours, and contact information.
If you are experiencing any financial impacts due to interruptions in your work or pay schedule as a result of the COVID-19 health emergency, we're here to help. We have a variety of solutions that will help you stay on track to meet your financial goals.
No Fee Skip A Payment
Keep finances available for when you need them with these skip a payment programs. Please allow up to one business day for Skip A Payment forms to be processed and for a 1st Advantage representative to contact you.
- Auto Loans, Personal Loans and Other Consumer Loans - Click here to complete the application request. Loan payments will be skipped for 2 MONTHS.
- Home Equity Loans and Lines - Click here to complete an application request for deferments and modifications.
- Midwest Mortgages - Please contact Midwest directly for payment deferment requests by calling 800-262-6574.
Credit Card Relief Options
Already a cardholder?
Existing Cardholders payment for May, June and July will be $0^. Members can still make a payment, but it is not required.
Don’t have a 1st Advantage Mastercard?
Consider transferring your balance with no fees to a Standard Mastercard. You will enjoy an introductory rate of 3.99% APR^ for the first 6 months on new purchases and balance transfers!
- No Annual Fees
- No balance transfer fees
- No cash advance fees
Our personal loan options provide the funding to consolidate debt, make important decisions, & avoid dipping into savings.
Auto Loan Refinancing
Refinance your auto loan with us and save hundreds, even thousands, over the life of your auto loan. The process is quick & easy with no application fees.
- Lower your monthly payments
- No payments for 90 days*
- Financing up to 90% of NADA retail value
- Earn $50 cash
A disaster declaration was approved by the SBA for a number of Virginia localities. The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) provides low-interest, long-term disaster loans to those who have experienced physical and/or economic damage caused by a declared disaster.
View the section below titled Assistance for Businesses for details.
We're operating a little differently.
In an effort to protect the health and well-being of our members and staff, most branch lobbies are by appointment only. Members as well as 1st Advantage Colleagues are required to wear a cloth face covering during appointments.
We strongly encourage everyone to enroll in and use our remote banking and digital tools for self-service and 24/7 account access.
Our Member Service Center, ATMs and branch drive thrus are also open. Loan officers, financial advisors, and specialists will also be available by phone and by appointment answer any questions. View a full list of branch locations, phone numbers and drive thru hours in the below section titles "Updated Branch Locations & Hours".
Convenient & Secure Service
Today and every day, we offer the services and tools you need to manage your accounts digitally. Now more than ever, we recommend that our members leverage all of the available resources for self-service banking and 24/7 account access through our mobile and online banking services. View your accounts, transfer funds and even apply for a loan, without ever leaving your home!
|Not Enrolled Yet? Download Our App.
|Take the app for a test drive to see what you've been missing!
Enroll or sign in to Online Banking
Talk with Us
1st Advantage Representatives are available on Live Chat Monday - Friday from 8:30 am - 5:30 pm.
From basic banking inquiries to tech support, 1st Advantage is ready to respond with the answers to your questions. Speak directly with a 1st Advantage Team Member Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:30 pm when you call 800-359-7650 or 757-877-2444
Mobile Banking & Online Banking
- View Accounts
Monitor your balance, view transaction history and more.
- Transfer Funds
Easily move funds between your 1st Advantage accounts as well as send and receive money from external accounts using Popmoney.
- Pay Bills
Use Bill Pay to manage all of your bills from one secure location.
- Make Loan Payments
Conveniently submit 1st Advantage loan payments anytime, anywhere.
- Monthly Statements
Receive your statement securely with eStatements.
- Check Images
Access images of checks that have cleared.
- Stop Payments
Apply stop payments to checks when needed.
- Personalized Alerts
Set alerts to notify you when your account reaches a certain balance or when your loan payment is due.
- Mobile Check Deposits
Mobile Check Deposit* lets you make deposits using 1st Advantage’s Mobile Banking App on an iPhone or Android device. For all of the details, read our Mobile Deposit FAQs.
You can complete the entire loan process for most of our products without ever leaving the comfort of your home! Get started at 1stadvantage.org.
- Access your account anytime by calling 757-886-3365 or 800-758-0266
- Make balance inquiries, transfer funds, track deposits and withdrawals, and more
- Use these codes and prompts to access your account information and bank by phone
- Enroll in Mobile Banking to access
- Text 59289 anytime and use these codes to request information:
- BAL: Check balances for all accounts registered in Mobile Banking
- HIST + (account nickname): Check the most recently posted transactions of the account you specify with the account nickname. For example, HISTSAV1.
- NEXT, MORE: If your transaction history response message ends with Reply NEXT, text NEXT or MORE to view more transactions.
- ATM, BRANCH, BOTH + (location): Find ATMs and branch locations near a specific address. Location can be ZIP code, city and ZIP code, city and state, street, city and state. For example: ATM ANYWHERE VA
- HELP: This request provides information about the keywords.
* Mobile Check Deposit available for qualified members.
With the increasing concerns regarding COVID-19, cybercriminals are using this time to create scams in an attempt to steal your personal information or infect your devices with harmful malware. For example, there has been a recent report of a fraudulent email that appeared to be from the CDC Health Alert Network claiming to provide a list of local cases. To access the list, recipients were instructed to click on a link in the email and then input personal information.
How Do I Stay Protected?
- When searching for information about the coronavirus only use reputable sources such as the U.S. Center for Disease Control or the World Health Organization.
- Be on the lookout for phishing emails that at first glance appear to come from a trusted source. Never click on unknown attachments, links or provide personal identifiable information via an unsecure website.
- Be cautious of emails and phone calls offering unexpected or unprompted information or in which the sender/caller requests your personal information.
- Not all advertisements are created equal. Social media companies, such as Facebook, are cracking down on ads spreading coronavirus rumors, however, some false ads may make it through their filters. It's best to find information on the disease from official sources like the U.S. Center for Disease Control or the World Health Organization.
As a reminder, if you suspect any fraudulent activity, please contact our Member Service Call Center at 757-877-2444 and report the activity to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) as soon as possible.
Opportunity for COVID-19 Funding Assistance for Small Businesses
The Hampton Roads Workforce Council and Greater Peninsula Workforce Board have received Rapid Response funding from the Governor, through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, to assist employers eligible to remain open during this emergency. Funds are reserved for small businesses (250 employers or less) and may be used to clean facilities and support emergency needs. The grant will support layoff aversion strategies and activities designed to prevent, or minimize the duration of unemployment resulting from layoffs due to COVID-19.
COVID-19 RR Grants Information Sheet
COVID RR Small Business Support Application
Assurances and Certifications
Disaster Loan Assistance for Small Businesses
A disaster declaration
was approved by the SBA for a number of Virginia localities. The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) provides low-interest, long-term disaster loans to those who have experienced physical and/or economic damage caused by a declared disaster.
What is the criteria for loan approval?
- Credit History - Applicants must have a credit history acceptable to SBA.
- Repayment - SBA must determine that the applicants business has the ability to repay the SBA loan.
- Eligibility - The applicant business must be physically located in a declared county and suffered working capital losses due to the declared disaster, not due to a downturn in the economy or other reasons.
How much can I borrow?
- Eligible businesses may qualify for up to $2 million.
- The interest rates for this disaster are 3.75% for small businesses and 2.75% for nonprofit organizations with terms up to 30 years.
- Eligibility for these working capital loans are based on the size (must be a small business) and type of business and its financial resources.
How can I use the loan funds?
- These working capital loans may be used to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable, and other bills that could have been paid had the disaster not occurred. The loans are not intended to replace lost sales or profits or for expansion.
What are the requirements or stipulations?
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans over $25,000 require collateral.
- SBA takes real estate collateral when it is available.
- SBA will not decline a loan for lack of collateral, but requires borrowers to pledge what is available.
- There is no cost to apply.
- There is no obligation to take the loan if offered.
- Applicants can have an existing SBA Disaster Loan and still qualify for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan, but the loans cannot be consolidated.
What are the basic filing requirements?
How can I apply?
- Completed SBA loan application (SBA Form 5).
- Tax Information Authorization (IRS Form 4506T) for the applicant, principals and affiliates.
- Complete copies of the most recent Federal Income Tax Return.
- Schedule of Liabilities (SBA Form 2202).
- Personal Financial Statement (SBA Form 413).
- These loans come directly from the U.S. Treasury, not from credit unions or banks. You'll need to apply directly to SBA's Disaster Assistance Program. Click here to apply online.
- Paper loan applications* can be downloaded here. Completed paper applications should be mailed to:
U.S. Small Business Administration
Attn: Processing & Disbursement Center
4925 Kingsport Road
Fort Worth, TX 76155
Tips & Additional Information
- Disaster loan information and application forms can also be obtained by calling the SBA's Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 (800-877-8339 for the deaf and hard-of-hearing) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The biggest reason for delays in processing is due to missing information. Make sure to complete ALL filing requirements in the portal before submitting application and forms. Partial applications will not be considered.
- "Save" work in the application portal frequently. You can save and go back later to complete the work.
- ONLY check the "Economic Injury" and/or "COVID" boxes within the application portal. Any other sort of disaster relief request will eliminate this application from this pool.
- Complete ALL Red Asterisks.
- If more funds are needed, applicants can submit supporting documents and a request for an increase. If less funds are needed, applicants can request a reduction in the loan amount.
- If the loan is denied, the applicant will be given up to 6 months in which to provide new information and submit a written request for reconsideration.
*Although a paper application and paper forms are acceptable, filing electronically is easier, faster and more accurate.
*APY = Annual Percentage Yield. APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Rate based on creditworthiness and term of loan. Rates are subject to change at any time and are not guaranteed.
^Restrictions apply. Please contact 1st Advantage for details.