Your Mastercard comes with Mastercard ID Theft ProtectionTM to better safeguard you against identity theft and to bring you security and peace of mind.1 With Mastercard Identity Protection, your private information is being proactively monitored using millions of data points to detect fraud at its inception and alert you so you can take immediate action.
- Monitors your credit file for changes that could indicate fraud, such as new credit inquiries, and address change, or a new account opened in your name.
- Sends alert notifications whenever suspicious activity is detected so that you can take immediate action to minimize potential damage. The tool monitors suspicious activity related to the personal information you choose to track such as your name, address, email address, social security number, date of birth, debit/credit card numbers, or other sensitive data.2
- Provides ID Theft Resolution with white-glove service, assigning a resolution specialist to you when you require assistance resolving issues related to identity theft.2
Activate these benefits now for no additional charge!
How It Works
Defend your personal information and secure your digital privacy.
Stay informed as Generali Global Assistance’s 24/7 certified identity theft resolution specialists and online resources educate you on how identity theft occurs and provide tips to help you keep your identity safe.
Mastercard's opt-out services help protect your privacy by reducing pre-approved credit card offers, direct mail campaigns and marketing phone calls that can be used by thieves to steal personal information.
Track your identity risk level & detect potential fraud early.
Online Identity Monitoring Dashboard
Monitor your identity risk level, track your credit profile, access identity theft protection tips and respond to alerts from Mastercard's easy-to-use online platform.
Detect potential identity fraud early. Mastercard's team scours the deepest corners of the Internet, searching for compromised credentials and potentially damaging use of your personal information, detecting fraud at its inception and alerting you so you can take immediate action.
Easily access your credit report and credit score to ensure that your credit profile is accurate.
Receive an alert for suspicious activity related to your credit or identity.
Changes to Your Credit Profile
Certain changes such as new credit inquiries, an address change or a new credit account opened in your name.
High Risk Transactions
Suspicious activity related to bank password resets, peer-to-peer fund transfers and online health insurance site access.
If your username, email address or passwords are found within a corporate data breach, malicious third party botnets or criminal forums.
Black Market Activity
Suspicious activity related to your personal information such as your name, address, social security number and date of birth or numbers listed on your debit/credit card, medical insurance, auto insurance, driver’s license, frequent flyer cards, rewards/loyalty cards and passport.
Repair problems quickly with Mastercard's 24/7 resolution care.
Identity Theft Affidavit Assistance & Submission
Mastercard will provide you with an identity theft affidavit, used to dispute any fraudulent claims or activity. After assisting with its completion, Mastercard will submit it to the authorities, credit bureaus and creditors on your behalf.
Creditor Notification, Dispute & Follow-Up
Mastercard will contact your creditors’ fraud departments to dispute each fraudulent occurrence for you and they'll continue to follow up until each matter has been properly handled, keeping you notified throughout the process with a personalized weekly status report.
Should you need to block any suspicious activity occurring on your account, Mastercard will work with the credit bureaus to place a credit freeze on your credit records.
Lost Wallet Assistance
Mastercard will notify the appropriate bank or agency to cancel or replace stolen or missing items such as a credit/debit card, driver's license, Social Security card or passport.
Inform Police/Legal Authorities
Mastercard will assist you in reporting the fraudulent activity to the local authorities and will forward the report to creditors.
3-Bureau Fraud Alert
Mastercard will enhance your fraud protection by placing a fraud alert on your records at all three credit bureaus.
Medical Identity Theft Assistance
Mastercard's in-house medical staff and team of experts will ensure that your healthcare, insurance claims and medical records are corrected.
If you’re abroad, Mastercard will help you communicate with the local authorities to file an identity theft report.
Report a lost Credit Mastercard: 866-820-5709
If you suspect that your 1st Advantage account has been compromised, contact us immediately at 757-877-2444.
1. For cardholders who enrolled prior to July 1, 2019, this service shall be provided by CSID until December 31, 2019. Cardholders will have to re-enroll with Generali Global Assistance Inc. at the link provided in the enrolled cardholder notices. Cardholders will need to register for this service. Cardholders who enroll on or after July 1, 2019, this service shall be provided by Generali Global Assistance Inc.
2. Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Please see your Guide to Benefits for details or call 1-800-MASTERCARD.
Valid for 1st Advantage Mastercard.