Whether it's your first home, the house you're planning to retire in, or one in between, you can count on us to offer the first mortgage that fits your needs.
With competitive low rates and convenient service, we are here to make the home buying process easier for you.
We'll Help You Select The Perfect Option.
Conventional Fixed Rate Mortgage
This is our most popular mortgage loan.
- Low closing costs & flexible payment options.
- Purchase or refinance available.
- Up to 95% financing.
Special: 15 Year Fixed Mortgage
Take advantage of a great rate with a fixed monthly payment.
For home buyers looking to reduce their interest payments and pay off their mortgage quickly, 1st Advantage’s 15-year, fixed-rate home mortgage loan at 2.99% (3.129% APR) is the perfect option.*
A VA Loan is available to eligible Veterans.
- Up to 100% financing.
- No monthly mortgage insurance.
- Less restrictive qualifying terms.
An FHA Loan only requires a 3.5% down payment.
- More lenient on credit blemishes.
- Flexible guidelines for qualifying ratios.
- Down payment can be a gift.
This is a great way to finance additional repairs.
- Perfect for home renovation upgrades.
- Programs including 203(k) available.
5/5 Adjustable Rate Mortgage
The 5/5 Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM) makes home ownership easy.
If you are a first-time home buyers or planning to be in your home for only a short amount of time and want to take advantage of a very low rate, the 5/5 ARM may be the perfect home mortgage solution.
- Low rate- Rate is 1% below the stated 30 year fixed product.^
- Payment stability- Rate adjusts only once every five years.
The rate can only change up or down by a maximum of 2% each five year period and a maximum of 5% for the life of the loan.
Federal Home Loan Bank Assistance Programs
1st Advantage has partnered with the Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta to offer additional programs to assist first-time homebuyers.
FHLBA Grant Program
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta’s (FHLBA) First-time Homebuyer Program provides grants in the form of forgivable second mortgages in amounts up to $5,000 to assist members with down payment and closing costs needs. Please contact 1st Advantage for additional information and guidelines.
Contact Jessica Cecil, Alicia Westfall, or Paige Kirkpatrick at 757-877-2444
* APR=Annual Percentage Rate. 1st Advantage Federal Credit Union’s 15-Year Fixed 2.99% (3.129% APR) is available for owner-occupied purchase and refinance with up to 85% loan-to-value with maximum loan amount of $350,000. APR is based on a $200,000 loan and 80% loan-to-value with a monthly payment of $1,380.96. Property insurance is required, flood insurance may be required. Available on approved credit. Certain restrictions apply. Limited time offer.
^ Offer available for owner-occupied purchase and refinance. Investment properties not eligible. The initial rate can change every five years by no more than 2% up or down, never to exceed 5%. The new rate will be current CMT index plus a margin of 2.50% and no lower than 2.99%. Floor rate will .50% below start rate. For loan amounts up to $417,000. Property insurance is required, flood insurance may be required. Certain restrictions apply. Limited time offer. Available on approved credit. Contact 1st Advantage Federal Credit Union for complete details.