Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. When you overdraft on your account, Courtesy Pay covers that gap. Here's everything you need to know about using this service.
Request for Courtesy Pay
Members are required to consent to participate in overdraft protection (Courtesy Pay) plans for ATM and debit transactions. Courtesy Pay protects your checking account when you don't have enough funds in your checking account to cover a retail transaction. Please note that you do not need to sign the form to continue Courtesy Pay for checks or ACH items.
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account
- Automatic bill payments
We will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will be charged if 1st Advantage pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $29.00 each time we pay an ATM or debit card transaction overdraft. We will charge you a fee of $29.00 each time we pay a check or ACH transaction overdraft.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want 1st Advantage to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, simply click "Yes" below and then submit this form. You may also call 757-877-2444 or 800-359-7650.