During the Columbus Day holiday, colleagues volunteered their time and skills to support local nonprofit organizations. This year was our 17th annual 1A Community Day, a day that is dedicated to giving back to, and reinvesting in, the community that we serve.
Colleagues from all departments participated in this community service initiative, reflecting shared commitment to making a positive impact. 1st Advantage is humbled and honored to partner with these deserving organizations.
- Assembled 1,000 USO comfort bags to be given to our local military community
- Created 1,000 personalized thank you notes for our local military community
- Stained 3 picnic tables for the dedicated soldiers at the USO on Joint Base Langley-Eustis
- Made 45 blanket wraps for New Beech Grove Baptist Church Homeless Ministry
- Made 40 pet blankets for Symbiotic Animal Rescue
- Created 205 surgery bears for Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters patients
- Assembled 120 toiletry bags for the CHKD Child Advocacy Center
- Packed 200 bags for the 1st Advantage Foundation Pickleball Tournament
- Assembled 3859 ribbons to honor children lost to cancer for the Wes Strong Foundation
- Made over 200 holiday ornaments with Children at Mary Peake Childhood Center
- Shredded thousands of pounds of personal documents for our members while collecting diapers and wipes to help local military families through the 1st Advantage Foundation
In addition, colleagues completed various projects for other non-profit organizations off-site including Mary Peake Childhood Center, Thrive Peninsula, Victory Family YMCA, Virginia Peninsula Foodbank, and the Kempsville Health & Rehabilitation Center.