Protecting Your Privacy: Our Social Media Policy at 1st Advantage
The colleagues, members, and neighbors of 1st Advantage are important to us. In order to build even stronger relationships with the communities we serve, 1st Advantage is active on several social media platforms. We welcome member and non-member participation as a means of sharing experiences, suggesting improvements and contributing to conversations.
1st Advantage is active on the following social media platforms:
Facebook – facebook.com/1stadvantage
Instagram – @1stAdvantageFCU
Twitter – @1stAdvantage
Youtube – youtube.com/1stAdvantageFCU
LinkedIn – linkedin.com/company/1st-advantage-federal-credit-union
While we do our best to foster healthy and productive conversations, 1st Advantage may, at our sole discretion, remove content that is in violation of our policy, or content in violation of our values, ethics and practices.
Please note that our social media accounts are monitored and moderated by 1st Advantage colleagues. If you send a message or post a question, we will respond as promptly as possible during business hours (Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
If your message or post falls outside of these hours, we will get back to you as soon as
possible or when normal business hours resume. Our Call Center also offers a convenient call-back feature for all incoming calls.
To ensure that all social media exchanges are consistent with the values, ethics and practices of 1st Advantage, we have established the following terms and policies which all participants must adhere to. Your decision to participate in 1st Advantages’ social media community signifies your agreement to the terms and policies of the Social Media Public Use Policy outlined below.
Why We Want to Connect With You on Social Media
Social media provides a quick and easy way to get up-to-date information out to members and the community. Things you’ll likely see from 1st Advantage on social media include:
- Product updates and announcements
- Event information
- Special offers
- Financial education & financial tips
- 1st Advantage news
- News in banking & finance
Please Think Before You Post
1st Advantages’ social media community is public, which means that anyone can see the content you post. The content may even appear in search engine results. Caution should be used in posting content to any social media community. Before posting, please reflect on the following:
- Is the content of this post disrespectful to others?
- Is the content of this post inappropriate, threatening, harassing, derogatory, hateful, indecent, profane, obscene, defamatory or otherwise disruptive in nature?
- Is the content of this post fraudulent, misleading or unlawful?
- Is the content of this post copyright protected by, or the original content of, a third party?
- Does this post contain any personal, identifying or confidential information?
- Never post personal, identifying, or confidential information to social media. If you are a 1st Advantage member with a specific question about a 1st Advantage account or service, please contact us through one of our secure options or visit one of our branch locations.
If the answer to any of these questions is “yes,” you should refrain from publishing your post.
Commenting and Posting
Conversations are expected to follow the rules of polite discourse and we ask that participants treat each other, as well as the 1st Advantage colleagues, with respect. We may delete comments or posts that we deem, in our sole discretion, to be inappropriate, including, but not limited to:
- Profane, obscene, disruptive or irrelevant material/language
- Threats; personal attacks; abusive, defamatory, derogatory, or inflammatory language; stalking or harassment of any individuals, entity or organization
- Spam, or content containing or linking to any kind of potential virus, malware, spyware, or similar program which may cause harm to a participant’s computer or other electronic device
- Discriminatory comments or comments that may contain hateful speech of any kind
- Unproductive or off-topic postings, including solicitations
- Identical posts by the same participant or multiple participants
- Account specific information, questions and comments
1st Advantage’s Reservation of Rights
1st Advantage reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to (i) review any and all content before it is posted to the 1st Advantage social media community, (ii) not post (and delete as applicable) any content which is in violation of the Social Media Public Use Policy or is in violation of 1st Advantages’ values, ethics and practices or is otherwise inappropriate, (iii) modify, change or alter the terms of the Social Media Public Use Policy at any time and (iv) modify, change, alter or discontinue, at any time, all or parts of the 1st Advantage social media community without advance notice.
Disclaimer of Views, Comments, and Opinions
Because the social media accounts belonging to 1st Advantage are public and anyone can participate, 1st Advantage cannot, and you agree by your participation, that 1st Advantage shall not, be responsible, in any way, for views, posts, comments, opinions or any other content expressed or posted by others. 1st Advantage does not endorse any posts made by its employees, unless they are an authorized social media representative of 1st Advantage. 1st Advantage does not validate assertions or forward-looking statements in any posts. All statements and viewpoints expressed in the posts are strictly those of the commenter alone, and do not constitute an official position of 1st Advantage unless they are posted by the original author (who is an authorized representative of 1st Advantage).
- 1st Advantages’ social media community is a place for conversations between those who choose to participate and 1st Advantage. It is not a substitute channel for member services. If you have questions regarding your account, please contact us through the options listed on our Contact Us page.
- 1st Advantage reserves the right to immediately ban any participant from its social media community without prior notice, written or otherwise, for a violation of our Social Media Public Use Guidelines or for a violation of our values, ethics and practices.
- Our social media community may not be used for the submission of any claim, demand, informal or formal complaint, or any other legal and/or administrative notice or process.
- Any comment(s) posted which we deem to be criminal in nature, or which may instigate or imply violence towards oneself or another, may be reported to the proper authorities.
- 1st Advantage will never ask participants in its social media community for personally identifiable information (e.g., social security number, account number, personal identification number (PIN), telephone number, address, email address or such other personally identifiable information).
- For the protection of the members of 1st Advantage, 1st Advantage cannot and will not provide any account information through social media.
Copyright and Intellectual Property Policies
- By submitting any content through social media to 1st Advantage, you warrant and represent that you are the copyright owner or that the copyright owner has granted you permission to use such content.
- By posting comments, posts, tagged photos, videos, ideas or any other content on 1st Advantage social media pages, you are granting 1st Advantage (i) a non-exclusive, royalty-free license in and to the content and (ii) the right to republish, redistribute or otherwise use such content in perpetuity in any way we see fit. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of such content in marketing and advertising materials.
Links to Third-Party Websites
1st Advantage may occasionally post links to third-party websites when we think you will find the information helpful. However, please note that this does not in any way constitute an official endorsement of the website or company. In the event you access the third-party website, please be advised that (i) you will be leaving an official 1st Advantage social media page, (ii) you will be linking to a website not operated by 1st Advantage, (iii) 1st Advantage is not responsible for the content of the website, (iv) 1st Advantage does not represent either the third party company or you if you enter into a transaction and (v) privacy and security policies may differ from those practiced by 1st Advantage. By linking to a third-party site, you agree and understand that 1st Advantage is not responsible for and does not endorse, guarantee or control content, accuracy, availability, viewpoints, products or services offered on, or available through, a third-party website.
As-Is and Disclaimer of Warranty
You are advised not to rely on any information pertaining to 1st Advantage which has been obtained through the social media community. By participating in 1st Advantages’ social media community, you expressly waive any reliance on such information. All information contained within 1st Advantages’ social media community is intended to be for informational purposes only, and is not intended to render financial related services or advice. Please consult an official representative of 1st Advantage before taking any action, or failing to act, based on the content of 1st Advantages’ social media. The information contained within the 1st Advantage social media community is being provided as-is, without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, use or non-infringement.
Assumption of Risk
By participating in 1st Advantages’ social media community you expressly agree to be bound by the terms, conditions and policies of the Social Media Public Use Policy and any other relevant or applicable policies and agreements between you and 1st Advantage. In addition, you agree to 1st Advantages’ ability to enforce the terms and conditions of any such policies or agreements including, but not limited to, the policies shown in the Social Media Public Use Policy. By participating in 1st Advantages’ social media community you (i) assume all risks associated with the 1st Advantage social media community, now known, later discovered or unknown, and (ii) waive any and all claims, demands, actions or causes of action against 1st Advantage and the Indemnified Parties (defined below) related in any way to your participation in the 1st Advantage social media community.
Indemnification and Hold Harmless
BY YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE 1ST ADVANTAGE SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNITY, YOU AGREE TO FULLY PROTECT, HOLD HARMLESS, INDEMNIFY AND DEFEND 1ST ADVANTAGE AND THE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, “INDEMNIFIED PARTIES”) OF 1ST ADVANTAGE, FROM AND AGAINST ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, DAMAGES, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION, PENALTIES, FINES, LOSSES, COSTS, AND/OR EXPENSES OF ANY KIND AND NATURE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, EXPERT FEES AND EXPENSES), RESULTING FROM YOUR VIOLATION OF THE SOCIAL MEDIA PUBLIC USE POLICY OR YOUR PARTICIPATION, IN ANY WAY, IN 1ST ADVANTAGES’ SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNITY.